"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"
(Ralph Waldo Emerson 1803 - 1882)
We aim to develop committed and adventurous young people who take responsibility for their own development and who are well-prepared for their next steps in life and can blaze their own trail.
Being a part of the Orchard Academy Trust family, enables us all to understand that journeys may not always be smooth, but we are equipped with the skills to tackle and overcome obstacles.
We celebrate uniqueness and embrace differences between our schools as well as individuals. We share resources and good practice between our schools to ensure every individual has the best possible experience.
ASPIRATION: - We aim to develop committed and adventurous young people who take responsibility for their own development and who are well-prepared for their next stteps in life and can blaze their own trail to reach their full potential.
RESILIENCE: - Being a part of the Orchard Academy Trust family enables our schools, the children and communities to understand that journeys may not always be smooth, but we are equipped with the skills and resources to tackle and overcome the obstacles that arise.
AUTHENTICITY: - We celebrate uniqueness and the strengths of each of our schools and every one in them.
TOGETHERNESS: - We recognise the strength from being part of a community, of sharing resources and best practice ensuring every individual has the best possible experience.
Our values act as a compass. They help us navigate the big decisions and guide our everyday actions - throughout the good and the tough times. They are an integral part of our DNA and help all those connected to our schools know what is expected of them and what they can expect of us.
- Children that are happy, confident and have a sense of where they are going in life and how they will get there.
- Staff that feel valued, happy and inspired to work as part of our academies with the kudos and rewards that it brings to their work and home life. They feel a strong sense of wellbeing — both towards themselves and their colleagues.
- We have the latest resources and are fully equipped to inspire others to use them to their full potential in our increasingly digital world.
- A ‘community of practice’ - pooling resources, knowledge and experience to ensure parents and our local community thrive from a set of outstanding schools.
- We provide an environment that is stimulating, challenging and a place where children feel it is safe to learn from their mistakes.
- Our approach to learning is child-centred, inclusive and is focused on the development of the whole child, both socially and academically. It is incredibly important to offer an enriching learning experience for the children through a broad and balanced curriculum, full of rich experiences and opportunities. Our learning culture is one of pride, self-motivation and resilience. From their start in Reception, we encourage the children to develop enquiring minds with the independence and determination to succeed at all they set their minds to.
- We want our children to be happy in their learning and to take pride in their achievements. We expect our children to make a positive contribution to our school community by being responsible, polite, compassionate and respectful.
The Trust believes it is our privilege to nurture the whole child and as such, we aim to provide a balance of social, moral and academic learning opportunities. The children are important to us, and we strive to ensure that the time they spend in our care enables them to flourish and achieve their full potential.
We provide a solid foundation for life-long learning in our happy, high achieving schools. Our children and staff have high expectations of themselves, demonstrate mutual respect and aspire to excel. We are a Trust that believes in the value and importance of the whole school community, and that the children, staff, parents and governors are proud to be members of this family. Through a creative approach to teaching and learning from strong, dedicated staff together with rigorous assessment
We believe in a creative curriculum that develops the whole child, as independent, confident learners that are resilient, cope with failure and are not afraid of making mistakes but understand and embrace the value of learning through mistakes. The children are at the centre of our decision-making. Our children are well-rounded individuals and successful learners who make significant progress and whose attainment is above the national average. This is achieved through hard work, robust challenging systems — using tracking software, pupil progress meetings and regular assessment both formal and informal.